Federal Disability Retirement
If you’ve suffered a serious injury or illness that prevents you from performing the basic duties of your job, you may be eligible for disability retirement.
The Vaughn Law Firm represents federal employees seeking the disability retirement benefit they deserve. Our lawyers have experience representing disabled clients and know what it takes to get your disability retirement approved.
We can assist with your initial application or your reconsideration if you’ve already been denied.
What you should know
There are a number of conditions which must be met to entitle you to disability retirement benefits.
- You have to have 18 months of creditable service
- Your disability has to be expected to last more than a year
- If you have been removed from federal service, you have to apply within one year
- If you are on leave without pay (LWOP), you’ll want to file as quickly as possible
- You do not have to have been injured on the job to qualify
- Unlike Social Security disability, you only have to be unable to perform the functions of YOUR job
You should seek the advice of a federal disability retirement attorney to navigate this process. We offer a low flat-fee so you know exactly what it will cost. Contact us today to start the process.